Lincoln County Agriculture & Natural Resources
Soil Sampling Test Kits
Stop by the office to get your free kits. Send these off to the WVU soil testing lab to receive valuable information. The analysis is free. All you pay is postage. To learn more about how to take your soil sample, watch the WVU Soil Sample YouTube Video or call the Extension office and we’ll be happy to give you instructions on how to use them.
Winter Farm Dinner Meeting Series
Lincoln County will be holding one series of the Winter farm Dinner Meetings a Vegetable Season Extension Dinner Meeting on March 10th. To register please call the Extension Office.
Kindergarten to 12th grade – Looking for books that accurately describe agricultural topics and provide information to students that is fact based? Click here for a list.
Lincoln Co. Agriculture & Natural Resources Facts* 215 Total Farms In Lincoln Co.
* 101 of those farms are beef cattle ranching and farming
* 51 consist of sugarcane, hay, and all other crops
* 32,393 acres of farm land in Lincoln Co.
* 151 acres is an average size farm in Lincoln Co.
* 6,722 acres in total cropland
* 2,771 acres in harvested cropland
* 2,291 acres in cropland used for pasture or grazing